Argan oil is produced from the kernels of the argan tree, endemic to Morocco. It's valued for its nutritive, cosmetic and numerous medicinal properties. The tree, a relict species from the Tertiary age. It's extremely well adapted to drought and other environmentally difficult conditions of southwestern Morocco. The species Argania once covered North Africa and is now endangered and under the protection of UNESCO. The argan tree grows wild in semi-desert soil, its deep root system helping to protect against soil erosion and the northern advance of the Sahara. Argan oil is high in essential fatty acids, so important for optimum skin health and for reducing signs of aging -- the natural way. Argan oil is soothing for troubled skin.
Benefits of argan oil
- Anti-aging face, neck, hand and nail care
- Helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks
- Improves the appearance of scar tissue
- Highly recommended for reducing the appearance of scaring after chicken pox
- A nourishing eye make-up remover
- Used instead of night cream
- For dry skin, use instead of moisturiser
- Strengthens hair
- Helps all skin conditions, including psoriasis, eczema, acne, dry or oily patches
- Good on the delicate facial and neck skin
- Great for nails
- An everyday essential for men and women
How to use argan oil
- Rub the oil between the palms of the hands and massage into the face, neck, hands and nails once or twice daily
- Place one drop on a tiny peice of cotton wool to delicately remove eye make up.
- Brush through dry or static hair
- Use as an ingredient for a Rhassoul hair mask or shampoo-conditioner
- Use as an emollient for acne, eczema and psoriasis troubled skin (after a Rhassoul mask)
Argania Spinosa L (virgin, cold pressed argan oil)
Properties of Argan Oil
High in essential fatty acids, so important for optimum skin health and for reducing signs of aging. High in free-radical fighting tocopherols and tocotrienols. Helps fight skin infections and soothing for troubled skin.
Store under 18°C in original packaging.
Keep the container tightly closed when not in use.
Argan oil has a mild toasted nutty aroma.
|Raw Food Recipes||-|