Discovering the joys and wonders of raw chocolate over a decade ago, Detox Your World's Raw Cacao Powder was the first to be organically certified in the UK. Over years of careful research and taste testing by the experts at Detox Your World, this Cacao Powder has been enjoyed by thousands since 2000 and continues to be UK's trusted and loved cacao powder.
Cacao Powder is a pure, unrefined, raw cacao product that unlike confectionary chocolate, contains zero sugar and milk. Thus it is suitable for those with dairy allergies.
With a tempting aroma, raw cacao powder contains vitamins, minerals, fibre and essential fatty acids. Anti-oxidant rich, it has a delightful, full rich chocolate flavour and our cacao powder has absolutely no chemicals, no hexane and no solvents.
What Is Cacao Powder?
This raw cacao powder is prepared from 100% certified organic Criollo beans, which have been carefully cleaned and dried at low temperatures. The Criollo is a superior variety of cacao bean that accounts for only 1% of the total world cacao production.
- The process of criollo cacao beans to raw cacao powder firstly starts by washing and drying the beans to make cacao nibs.
- The cacao nibs are then at a low tempeature, milled by a special machine (imagine a pestel and mortar but on a much larger scale!) to make cacao liquor. (Cacao liquor is like one big block delicious raw chocolate!)
- The cacao liquor is then taken to make either cacao butter or cacao powder. (Cacao Butter is created by extracting oil from the cacao liquor).
- When the cacao butter has been extracted from the cacao liquor, with what is left of the cacao liquor, it is milled again and cacao powder is created.
- Compare this process with cocoa or confectionary chocolate, near the start of the process, cacao beans would have been roasted at high temperatures and then have sugar and fats added to it. As well as the unwelcome added ingredients, the high heat at which it would have been roasted would also have reduced the antioxidants and other nutrients compared to raw cacao.
Cacao Powder Benefits
- A powerful flavour and intense aroma of chocolate and deliciously rich in flavour
- Contains a variety of vitamins (including vitamin C)
- Contains a selection of minerals (including iron, chromium, anandamide, theobromine, manganese, zinc and copper)
- Contains fibre and essential fatty acids (including omega-6 fatty acids)
- Contains virtually no caffeine
- Contains PEA (phenylethylamine), tryptophan and serotonin
- The cacao beans from which this product has been made are incredibly pure and contain no mycotoxins, fungi or yeasts
- Certified organic by "Organic Farmers & Growers", the UK’s leading government accredited organic certification body
How To Use Cacao Powder
Cacao powder is a wonderful ingredient in a array of different raw food recipes. The quickest and simplest way of using cacao powder that is very popular for many is to add it into smoothies, for a delicious chocolate tasting hit! Of course also cacao powder is the key ingredient in making mouth watering raw chocolate bar recipes!
Cacao Powder Recipe - Raw Cacao Energy Bar
1 and and half cups of organic dried dates
One third of a cup of organic cacao powder
2 tablespoons of organic chia seeds
2 tablespoons of organic cacao nibs
2 tablespoons of organic maca powder
Put all your ingredients into a food processor and blitz. If you find the mix is a little too dry, put some water in, a bit at a time so it can form a gooey consistency that can hold its shape.
With the mixture, form into bar shapes and sizes that you desire
These can be kept in the freezer and be enjoyed whenever you fancy. It is great for breakfast to kick start your day.
Cacao Powder Storage Advice
Please store in a cool, dry place and in a tightly sealed container. Consume within 2 months of opening.
About Superfoodies Cacao Powder
Just as what the product of cacao powder has represented for over a decade, the brand values of Superfoodies are respectful of nature and the integrity of our own bodies. Superfoodies products are certified raw, vegan and organic, and completely free from artificial additives, refined sugars and other nasties.
Superfoodies is the exciting new brand from Detox Your World - UK leading importer and EU-wide distributor of the finest raw foods since 2000. Combining expertise in healthy eating and healthy living, with extensive product development, searching for only the purest organic products from nature and to provide them directly to you, Detox Your World has introduced the Superfoodies brand.
Superfoodies Cacao Powder is the same great Detox Your World Cacao Powder, and has always, and will always be –
- Certified organic and raw
- Only come from a sustainable and ethical suppliers
- Always honestly and clearly display the origins
- Transparent about the composition and preparation
Cacao Powder Nutritional Information
|Energy||1300KJ / 309kcal|
|of which saturates||6.1g|
|of which sugars||1.5g|
Cacao Powder Summary
Powder in a bag
Country and continent of origin
Peru, South America
Do not buy raw cacao if you have an allergy to caffeine or any other ingredients in raw cacao. Always read the information on the packaging before choosing to eat raw cacao.
This cacao powder is packaged in an area where nuts are processed
Smoothies, nut milks, protein drinks, juices, raw chocolate desserts, raw chocolate bars
Known side effects
This product has not been audited or verified by monitoring regulatory authorities. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and / or disorders. Under UK law only a medical doctor may 'treat' illness and disease with a medical origin. The information in this web page is for information purposes only.
|Raw Food Recipes||-|
|Recommended By||Shazzie, Heather Pace, Samantha Peris , Saskia Fraser , Lucie Perkins|
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Customer Reviews - 10 Customer Reviews
Who can live without chocolate?
BeeTee | 10/19/14On porridge, in morning drink, for all kinds of yummy snacks… a staple in our household.
excellent cacao powder
Artur | 10/18/14love cacao powder. i add it to my recovery or morning smoothies. works excellent
Great organic Cacao powder.
Chocaholic | 10/16/14Just love this cacao powder, superb in a drink at bedtime, in cooking and to make your own chocolate. Wonderful!
ARFAN GULL | 5/15/14Great Product.
Very Very satisfactory.
jezza | 4/10/14Love all the raw cacao foods. Making raw chocolate etc. Is amazing, but I have discovered the best nutritious gravy ingredients ever with raw cacao powder, some organic bouillon, turmeric, purple corn flour & anything else healthy- eg: macca, you may want to throw in the mix. Everyone loves it! Thanks Detox your World for supplying these fantastic ingredients.
crazy for Cacao
Angela | 4/9/14I love this powder. I make raw chocolate with it weekly and my kids love it. The powder is so fine, yummy in morning smoothies- tahini shake, or almond butter shake with bananas, raw honey and dates. gorgeous product.
Kelly | 4/8/14This is a fantastic product! Great in everything from smoothies to raw choc and also birthday cakes!! My kids and family love it and this one is especially excellent quality! Love ordering from this company as they wrap things so well, post out fast and put love into everything they do!!
Delicious cacao powder
Mandy78 | 4/8/14Super fast delivery. The cacao powder was amazing. Full of flavour and we used it up in mousses and cupcakes in two days as we loved it so much. My daughter has now returned back to uni and bought her self a large bag as she irked it so much.
Chocolate with everything
Sally | 4/8/14I use this on my porridge every morning and have just started making raw chocolates that every one loves.
Dee Dee | 4/8/14This is my absolute favourite raw cacao powder. I've tried other brands in the past but this one is my favourite. I use it in smoothies, make raw chocolate with it and everyone loves my chocolate ice cream, made with just this powder, frozen bananas, dates to sweeten and a bit of vanilla essence in the Vitamix. Even non-raw friends and family prefer it to 'real' ice cream and can't believe it's so healthy. I LOVE this product. Super-nutrition and indulgent chocolate-y taste. Highly recommended!