Detox Your World's Cacao Powder is the UK's first raw, organically certified, antioxidant-rich cacao powder.
A pure, unrefined, certified organic raw cacao powder that, unlike chocolate, contains zero sugar or milk.
With a tempting aroma, raw cacao powder contains vitamins, minerals, fibre and essential fatty acids. It has a delightful, full, antioxidant-rich chocolate flavour and our cacao powder has absolutely no chemicals, no hexane and no solvents.
This raw cacao powder is prepared from 100% certified organic Criollo beans, which have been carefully cleaned and dried at low temperatures. The Criollo is a superior variety of cacao bean that accounts for only 1% of the total world cacao production.
Cacao Powder Product Benefits
- With the powerful flavour and intense aroma of raw cacao
- Contains a variety of vitamins (including vitamin C)
- Contains a selection of minerals (including iron, chromium, anandamide, theobromine, manganese, zinc and copper)
- Contains fibre and essential fatty acids (including omega-6 fatty acids)
- Contains virtually no caffeine
- Contains PEA (phenylethylamine), tryptophan and serotonin
- The cacao beans from which this product has been made are incredibly pure and contain no mycotoxins, fungi or yeasts
- Certified organic by "Organic Farmers & Growers", the UK’s leading government accredited organic certification body
How To Use Cacao Powder
Stir the cacao powder into your choice of smoothies, nut milks, protein drinks and juices, or use it to create a mouth-watering range of raw chocolate desserts, biscuits and chocolate bars.
Cacao Powder Recipe - Raw Cacao Energy Bar
1 and and half cups of organic dried dates
One third of a cup of organic cacao powder
2 tablespoons of organic chia seeds
2 tablespoons of organic cacao nibs
2 tablespoons of organic maca powder
Put all your ingredients into a food processor and blitz. If you find the mix is a little too dry, put some water in, a bit at a time so it can form a gooey consistency that can hold its shape.
With the mixture, form into bar shapes and sizes that you desire
These can be kept in the freezer and be enjoyed whenever you fancy. It is great for breakfast to kick start your day.
Cacao Powder Facts
- Raw cacao is commonly used in traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine.
- It's created by cold-pressing our cacao beans into a cake separating the oil from the protein and fibre. Slowly, the pure, liquid cacao butter begins to sift off down a stainless steel valve.
- The remaining dry 'cake-like' material is then cold-ground, fine-milled and sifted so that only the finest, most bio-available raw cacao particles filter through into the finished product. This allows for maximum digestion and antioxidant absorption.
- The amino acid Tryptophan found in cacao enhances relaxation and promotes better sleep.
- Researchers have discovered that phenylethylamine (PEA) has a positive effect in enhancing feelings of love.
Superfoodies is the exciting new brand from Detox Your World - UK leading importer and EU-wide distributor of the finest raw foods since 2000. Combining expertise in healthy eating and healthy living, with extensive product development, searching for only the purest organic products from nature, Detox Your World has produced Superfoodies!
Superfoodie Cacao Powder is the same great Detox Your World Cacao Powder, and has always, and always will be –
- Certified organic and raw
- Only come from a sustainable and ethical suppliers
- Always honestly and clearly display the origins
- Transparent about the composition and preparation
- Completely free from artificial additives, refined sugars and other nasties
Cacao Powder Storage Advice
Please store in a cool, dry place and in a tightly sealed container. Consume within 2 months of opening.
Cacao Powder Nutritional Information
|Energy||1300KJ / 309kcal|
|of which saturates||6.1g|
|of which sugars||1.5g|
Cacao Powder Summary
Powder in a bag
Country and continent of origin
Peru, South America
Do not buy raw cacao if you have an allergy to caffeine or any other ingredients in raw cacao. Always read the information on the packaging before choosing to eat raw cacao.
Smoothies, nut milks, protein drinks, juices, raw chocolate desserts, raw chocolate bars
Known side effects
This product has not been audited or verified by monitoring regulatory authorities. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and / or disorders. Under UK law only a medical doctor may 'treat' illness and disease with a medical origin. The information in this web page is for information purposes only.
|Recommended By||Shazzie, Heather Pace, Samantha Peris , Saskia Fraser , Lucie Perkins|
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Customer Reviews - 10 Customer Reviews
ARFAN GULL | 5/15/14Great Product.
Very Very satisfactory.
jezza | 4/10/14Love all the raw cacao foods. Making raw chocolate etc. Is amazing, but I have discovered the best nutritious gravy ingredients ever with raw cacao powder, some organic bouillon, turmeric, purple corn flour & anything else healthy- eg: macca, you may want to throw in the mix. Everyone loves it! Thanks Detox your World for supplying these fantastic ingredients.
crazy for Cacao
Angela | 4/9/14I love this powder. I make raw chocolate with it weekly and my kids love it. The powder is so fine, yummy in morning smoothies- tahini shake, or almond butter shake with bananas, raw honey and dates. gorgeous product.
Kelly | 4/8/14This is a fantastic product! Great in everything from smoothies to raw choc and also birthday cakes!! My kids and family love it and this one is especially excellent quality! Love ordering from this company as they wrap things so well, post out fast and put love into everything they do!!
Delicious cacao powder
Mandy78 | 4/8/14Super fast delivery. The cacao powder was amazing. Full of flavour and we used it up in mousses and cupcakes in two days as we loved it so much. My daughter has now returned back to uni and bought her self a large bag as she irked it so much.
Chocolate with everything
Sally | 4/8/14I use this on my porridge every morning and have just started making raw chocolates that every one loves.
Dee Dee | 4/8/14This is my absolute favourite raw cacao powder. I've tried other brands in the past but this one is my favourite. I use it in smoothies, make raw chocolate with it and everyone loves my chocolate ice cream, made with just this powder, frozen bananas, dates to sweeten and a bit of vanilla essence in the Vitamix. Even non-raw friends and family prefer it to 'real' ice cream and can't believe it's so healthy. I LOVE this product. Super-nutrition and indulgent chocolate-y taste. Highly recommended!
Sir Randeville Flash | 9/30/13Brilliant. I am 54 years old and just discovered the benefit of drinking this mornings instead of coffee. Better late than never.
Homemade Choc dipped StraWBerries :-)
sarah4angels | 8/26/13Love, Love, Love this Organic Cacao Powder, I add to my berry smoothies in the morning, use it to make heaven sent fairy cakes which the family adore, but the absolute bestest fantabulous thing is making homemade chocolates with the cacao butter and then dipping fresh strawberries in it. Children absolutely love this and all pure organic and nutritious too :-)
jools999 | 8/25/13Quite simply the most beautiful, velvety cacao I've ever tried. I soak four cups of buckwheat groats, two cups of dates and two cups of pecans overnight. Rinse all well in the morning. Put buckwheat and pecans in a bowl. Blend dates in a food processor with two cups of water, half a cup of agave, half a cup of cacao and half tsp salt, stir into buckwheat and pecans, spread onto dehydrator sheets and dehydrate for 12-16 hours, until crunchy. Break into small pieces and serve with almond milk and you have the lushest cereal EVER! Knocks the spots off so called ' Cocoa Plops ' you can buy in supermarkets!