These certified organic cashew nuts are grown in Vietnam where they’re carefully harvested and shelled without heating. Cashew nuts boast a temptingly rich and creamy flavour and contain an impressive selection of valuable nutrients, including vegetable protein, the minerals, potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, iron, copper, zinc and phosphorus, omega 3 fatty acids and almost every essential amino acid.
They can be enjoyed just as they are, as a delicious yet sensible snack between meals, or combined with other nuts and dried fruits in a tasty trail mix that’s perfect for on the go.
Cashew Nuts Benefits
- Cashew nuts boast a temptingly rich and creamy flavour.
- Cashew nuts make a delicious, yet sensible snack between meals.
- Cashew nuts add extra bite to all of your favourite (rawfood) recipes.
- Cashew nuts contain vegetable protein.
- Cashew nuts contain the minerals, potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, iron, copper, zinc and phosphorus.
- Cashew nuts contain omega omega 3 fatty acids.
- Cashew nuts also contain almost every essential amino acid.
- Our cashew nuts have been certified organic by "Organic Farmers & Growers", the leading organic certification organisation in Great Britain.
- Our cashew nuts have been processed without the use of heat to ensure an optimal retention of their naturally occurring nutrients.
- Our cashew nuts are suitable for those following a vegetarian, vegan or rawfood diet.
How To Use Cashew Nuts
Enjoy cashew nuts straight from the bag as a sensible snack between meals, or combine with other nuts and / or dried fruits and berries in a tasty trail mix. Alternatively use your cashew nuts as a crunchy topping for breakfast cereals and desserts, or as an additional ingredient in raw chocolate and other sweet treats.
Store cashew nuts in a sealed container in a cool, dry place and once open, consume within 2 months.
Cashew Nuts Facts
- The skin of cashew nuts is used to produce cashew nut oil, which is often found in cosmetic products and harnessed by indigenous people to treat a variety of skin conditions.
- Cashew nuts are commonly used in Indian cuisine.
- Cashew trees produce both cashew fruit (apples) and cashew nuts. Although it is often discarded in pursuit of the coveted cashew nut, the cashew apple can be used to make a delicious range of typical fruit products, including jam, juice, wine and liquor.
- Cashew nuts derive their name from the Portuguese ‘caju’, which originates from the Tupi name, ‘acajú’.
- Like many other nuts, cashew nuts are actually seeds and not nuts at all.
- Cashew nuts grow on the Anacardium occidentale – an evergreen tree that also produces the cashew apple and is native to Brazil.
- These days the cashew nut tree is widely cultivated in other countries, including Nigeria, Ivory Coast, India, Indonesia and Vietnam.
- These particular cashew nuts come from Vietnam where they are carefully harvested and shelled without heating.
Cashew Nuts Content (per 100 g)
Protein 17.8 g
Carbohydrate 32.1 g
Fat 42.8 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Calcium 45.0 mg
Iron 6.0 mg
Magnesium 260.0 mg
Phosphorus 490.0 mg
Potassium 565.0 mg
Sodium 16.0 mg
Zinc 5.6 mg
Copper 2.2 mg
Manganese 0.8 mg
Vitamin C 0.0 mg
Thiamin (B1) 0.2 mg
Riboflavin (B2) 0.2 mg
Niacin 1.4 mg
Panothenic acid 1.2 mg
Vitamin B6 0.3 mg
Folate 69.2 mcg
Vitamin B12 0.0 mcg
Vitamin E 0.6 mg
Cashew Nuts Summary
Nuts in a bag
Country and continent of origin
Do not buy cashew nuts if you are have an allergy to any type of nut. Always read the enclosed product information, before choosing to eat cashew nuts. Packaged in an area where nuts are processed
Snack between meals, breakfast cereals, trail mix, desserts
1 handful (15 gram), daily
Known side effects
There are no known side effects associated with cashew nuts
This product has not been audited or verified by monitoring regulatory authorities. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and / or disorders. Under UK law only a medical doctor may 'treat' illness and disease with a medical origin. The information in this web page is for information purposes only.
|Brand||Detox Your World|
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Customer Reviews - 1 Customer Reviews
thesurealist | 8/23/13The creamiest cashews I have ever eaten. Commercially produced cashews don't taste of anything now. This is a pure food!