Certified organic and raw cashew nuts boasting a deliciously creamy flavour and contain a selection of nutrients including omega 3 fatty acids, calcium, iron and magnesium. Enjoy straight from the bag or combine with other nuts and dried fruit.
These cashews, which are grown In Vietnam, are harvested and shelled without heating the raw cashew nut.
Cashew Nuts Benefits
- Raw cashew nuts boast a deliciously rich, creamy flavour
- Processed without the use of heat to ensure an optimal nutrient retention
- Contains numerous minerals including potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, iron, copper, zinc and phosphorus.
- Contains omega 3 fatty acids
- Contains vegetable protein
- Contain almost every essential amino acid
- Certified organic by "Organic Farmers & Growers", the UK’s leading government accredited organic certification body
How To Use Cashew Nuts
Enjoy straight from the bag or combine with other nuts and / or dried fruit for a delicious trail mix. Perfect as a snack between meals, a topping for breakfast cereals and desserts or as a raw ingredient in cakes, biscuits, chocolate and other sweet treats.
Enjoy one handful (15 grams) of raw cashew nuts daily. Store in a sealed container in a cool, dry place and once open, consume within 2 months.
Cashew Nuts Facts
- Cashew nut oil (from the skin of the cashew) is used in a range of cosmetic products
- Cashew trees produce both a fruit ("apple") and a nut, and a valuable oil can be drawn from the nut shell. After the cashew flower blooms, a nut forms. The apple later swells between the nut shell and the stem. It takes two months for the cashewapple to ripen. When harvested, the apple can only keep for twenty-four hours before it begins to ferment. Although the fruit can be used for making many typical fruit products (jellies, jams, juice, wine and liquor), the apple is often discarded, in pursuit of the nut. If processed and stored properly, the cashew nut can be kept for a year or longer.
- Most people experience the cashew in its processed, roasted form. Cashews in stores that are labelled as being "raw" are simply "not roasted." They are not truly raw as they have been steamed out of their shells. Few people know about the very delightful taste and nutritive quality of the cashew nut in its unprocessed raw form.
Cashew Nuts Content (per 100 g)
Protein 17.8 g
Carbohydrate 32.1 g
Fat 42.8 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Calcium 45.0 mg
Iron 6.0 mg
Magnesium 260.0 mg
Phosphorus 490.0 mg
Potassium 565.0 mg
Sodium 16.0 mg
Zinc 5.6 mg
Copper 2.2 mg
Manganese 0.8 mg
Vitamin C 0.0 mg
Thiamin (B1) 0.2 mg
Riboflavin (B2) 0.2 mg
Niacin 1.4 mg
Panothenic acid 1.2 mg
Vitamin B6 0.3 mg
Folate 69.2 mcg
Vitamin B12 0.0 mcg
Vitamin E 0.6 mg
Cashew Nuts Summary
Nuts in a bag
Country and continent of origin
Do not buy cashew nuts if you are have an allergy to any type of nut. Always read the enclosed product information, before choosing to eat cashew nuts. Packaged in an area where nuts are processed
Snack between meals, breakfast cereals, trail mix, desserts
1 handful (15 gram), daily
Known side effects
There are no known side effects associated with cashew nuts
This product has not been audited or verified by monitoring regulatory authorities. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and / or disorders. Under UK law only a medical doctor may 'treat' illness and disease with a medical origin. The information in this web page is for information purposes only.
|Brand||Detox Your World|
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Customer Reviews - 1 Customer Reviews
thesurealist | 8/23/13The creamiest cashews I have ever eaten. Commercially produced cashews don't taste of anything now. This is a pure food!