Coconut oil is made from the aromatic flesh of the coconut - the fruit of the tropical coconut palm that thrives in coastal regions. This raw organic coconut oil is free from gluten, wheat, lactose, added sugar, salt, yeast, preservatives or artificial colourings.
Coconut oil contains vegetable saturated fats, lauric acid and ketones, and can survive exceptionally high temperatures without losing any if its naturally occurring nutrients or oxidising. In addition, coconut oil is a kind and gentle, hypoallergenic body care product that can be applied directly to skin and hair, or used as an exceptionally moisturising massage oil for luscious results.
Coconut Oil Benefits
- Coconut oil possesses a wonderfully fragrant aroma.
- Coconut oil contains vegetable saturated fats that make it an ideal alternative to your regular cooking oil.
- Coconut oil can survive extremely high temperatures without oxidising and boasts an exceptionally long shelf life.
- Coconut oil can be enjoyed straight from the jar as a delicious spread.
- Coconut oil adds a delightful tropical flavour to smoothies, shakes and juices.
- Coconut oil is the perfect ingredient in raw chocolate and desserts.
- Coconut oil contains lauric acid and ketones.
- Coconut oil is a hypoallergenic beauty product that can be applied directly to skin and hair for luscious results.
- Our coconut oil is free from gluten, wheat, lactose, added sugar, salt and yeast.
- Our coconut oil is organic, non-irradiated and free from preservatives and artificial colourings.
- Our coconut oil is suitable for those following a vegetarian, vegan or raw food diet.
How to use Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil For Skin - Coconut oil is a kind and gentle, hypoallergenic body care product that can be applied directly to skin and hair, or used as an exceptionally moisturising massage oil for luscious results.
Coconut oil can also be eaten and is a wonderfully fragrant. Try adding it for a delightful tropical flavour to smoothies and shakes, or as an ideal ingredient in your favourite raw food recipes, including raw chocolate, snacks and desserts. Spreadable at room temperature, liquid at 20-30° C.
Coconut Oil Recipe - Raw Coconut Macaroons
Try coconut oil in these easy-to-make raw coconut macaroons. A deliciously responsible snack between meals that's crammed with yummy coconut products and sweetened naturally using agave nectar. Suitable for those following a vegetarian, vegan or rawfood diet.
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 3 cups of desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup of raw honey
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut butter
If you like coconut based treats, you will love these!
Firstly put into your blender the desiccated coconut.
Add to it the remaining ingredients of coconut butter (melted), coconut oil (melted) and raw honey.
Blend until everything comes together and to a sticky consistency.
Take the mixture and make into your desired shapes and sizes. Be creative! Try also sprinkling over some cacao powder or chopped up nuts.
Put into the freezer for 1 hour or until they are firm.
Coconut Oil Facts
- Coconut oil is made from the flesh of the coconut, which derived its name from the 16th-century Portuguese and Spanish word ‘coco’ (head or skull).
- Coconut oil accounts for around 2.5% of global vegetable oil production.
- Coconut oil is a standard ingredient in South Asian curries.
- Coconut oil is a base ingredient for the manufacture of soap.
- The coconut is not really a nut, but rather a ‘drupe’ - a type of fruit with a fleshy part that surrounds a shell (the pit) with a kernel inside.
- Coconut oil is made from the flesh of the coconut – the fruit of the coconut palm (Cocos nucifera), which thrives in tropical coastal regions, such as South and Central America, Africa, the southern coastal regions of Asia and the Polynesian and Hawaiian islands.
- Coconuts and coconut oil have been used for both culinary and cosmetic purposes for centuries – indeed, the coconut palm was named "Kalpa Vriksha" in ancient Sanskrit, which means "The tree that provides all the necessities of life”.
Coconut Oil Nutritional Information
1 teaspoon (5g) typically provides:
- Organic Raw Coconut oil (Cocus nucifera)
- Linoleic acid (Omega 6) 90mg
- Oleic acid (Omega 9) 200mg
- MCT (medium chain triglycerides) 3000mg
- Caprylic acid 400mg
Coconut Oil Summary
Coconut oil in a glass jar
Allergy information (free from)
Coconut oil contains no known allergens. Always read the enclosed leaflet carefully before deciding to use coconut oil.
Use coconut oil for frying, stir-frying and roasting, as an additional ingredient in rawfood recipes, or enjoy as a delicious spread. Alternatively coconut oil may be applied directly to skin or used as an additional ingredient in massage oils.
1-4 tablespoons daily), daily
Known side effects
This product has not been audited or verified by monitoring regulatory authorities. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and / or disorders. Under UK law only a medical doctor may 'treat' illness and disease with a medical origin. The information in this web page is for information purposes only.
|Raw Food Recipes||Articles Archive|
|Recommended By||Tanya Alekseeva , Ian Tennant, Jayne Corner|
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Customer Reviews - 1 Customer Reviews
DT | 10/15/14Viridian - best coconut oil by long way. Always a clean and fresh smell, and just tastes great.