Himalayan Pink Salt is a pure, unrefined and sun dried salt from ancient Himalayan oceans that were present at a time when environmental pollution didn’t exist. An ideal alternative to table salt.
Himalayan pink salt originated in the primal seas that were present in the Himalayas millions of years ago. This was during a time when environmental pollution simply didn’t exist, guaranteeing that the salt produced today is completely pure. After mining, the salt crystals are hand selected, hand-crushed and then finely ground. Lastly the salt is hand-washed before being left to dry naturally in the sun.
Despite what we have been led to believe, salt is equally as important to the human body as water. As long as you are drinking enough water, salt is absolutely essential for the body to generate hydroelectric energy, maintain good blood chemistry, balance the correct amount of water in our blood and cells, aid digestion and allow our nervous system and muscles to function normally.
Himalayan Pink Salt Benefits
- Himalayan pink salt is a pure, unrefined, sun-dried salt.
- Is an ideal alternative to table salt.
- Is suitable for use in a steam bath, salt bath or sauna.
- Contains 84 different minerals and trace elements.
- It is rich in iron and magnesium.
- Mined by hand, without the use of machinery or explosives, in order to optimise its natural purity.
- Has been dried and processed at low temperatures.
- Totally free from fillers or any other additives.
- It is finely ground and thus easy to dispense.
- Himalayan pink salt can be readily mixed with water or oil.
- Suitable for those following a vegetarian, vegan or raw food diet.
How To Use Himalayan Pink Salt
Store Himalayan Pink Salt in a sealed container, in a cool, dry place.
It can be used for external purposes such as adding it to your bathtub for a particularly soothing and cleansing soak.
To eat, sprinkle Himalayan pink salt to hot or cold recipes as a healthy alternative to regular salt or to add depth of flavour.
Himalayan Pink Salt Recipe - Tuscan Herb Salt
- 250g Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- Half a zest from an orange
Start by adding half of the 250g of Himalayan pink salt into your blender and add to it the rosemary and thyme. Blitz everything together until light green and fine.
Now add to it the orange zest and the remaining Himalayan pink salt. You will not require to blitz everything as thoroughly here. Just a few pulses will be sufficient to mix in the extra added salt and orange zest.
Put the salt and herb mixture into a flat tray, and just let it naturally dry out (ideally overnight). Store in a jar and cool dry place.
This Tuscan Herb Salt is delicious sprinkled over salads or trying mixing it in with some olive oil, as a fragrant dip.
How to prepare a Himalayan Pink Salt Sole Solution
The mineral particles in pink salt are totally natural and so tiny that they are easily metabolised for the bio-chemical functioning of human cells. Because of this, Himalayan pink salt is one of nature’s most effective natural balancers. The best way to experience the profound cleansing properties of salt is to drink sole (solay). Sole is a 1% water/salt solution (the same as our blood, tears and the ocean). In addition pink salt can also be sprinkled over food or directly added to water to aid rehydration.
To make a sole solution simply add a desert spoon of crystals into a glass jar then fill with water. Put the lid on and leave for 24hrs for the crystals to dissolve. Once dissolved add some more, up until such time that the crystals stop dissolving. At this point the solution is saturated at 26% and ready for consumption.
Take 1 teaspoon every morning in a glass of water before breakfast.
Just one glass of sole a day brings amazing benefits and has positive effects on your whole being.
If you're exercising and sweating a lot, it is vital that you replace your mineral levels as well as water levels to avoid sodium depletion. Using Himalayan pink salt in a weak solution with water is the most natural and effective way of rehydrating your body. A good balance is around a quarter of a teaspoon of salt for every litre of water.
Himalayan Pink Salt Facts
- The colour of Himalayan pink salt varies according to its iron concentration. It can be white, pink or even deep red.
- Himalayan salt was referred to as ‘the salt of kings', due to the fact that it was once only sold to nobility.
- Top chefs favour Himalayan pink salt to any other
- Himalayan pink salt is now commonly used in spas, saunas and steam rooms in a selection of beauty treatments
- Himalayan pink salt is perfect for skin exfoliation and aromatherapy
- Mined by hand, without the use of either machinery or explosives.
- Himalayan pink salt is finely ground and thus easy to dispense, and can be readily mixed with water or oil.
- Himalayan pink salt is an ideal alternative to table salt and may be used to enhance a wide selection of sweet (try a pinch in raw chocolate recipes, it brings out the delicious chocolate flavour even more!) and savoury raw food recipes.
- It is also suitable for use in a steam bath, salt bath or sauna.
There has been much recent attention and growth in popularity for himalayan pink salt. Detox Your World has been carefully sourcing the highest quality pink salt directly from the Himalayas for over 10 years to provide you only the best pink salt.
This Himalayan pink salt has been trusted and loved by you is the same great pink salt directly from the Himalayas by Detox Your World, but now in a new wonderful Superfoodies bag!
Superfoodies is the new brand from Detox Your World, that continues the great tradition from Detox Your World, of meticulous research from our team of experts to source only the best natural foods and ingredients on the planet directly to you in it's most pure and beneficial form.
Himalayan Pink Salt Summary
Salt crystals in a bag
Country and continent of origin
Do not buy Himalayan pink salt if you have an allergy to sodium chloride or any of the product’s other ingredients. Always read the enclosed product information before choosing to eat Himalayan pink salt. Packaged in an area where nuts are processed.
Hot and cold savoury dishes, smoothies, shakes, protein drinks and desserts.
0,5 to 2 grams, daily
Known side effects
Consult your GP before you order Himalayan pink salt, especially if you have high blood pressure, are taking antihypertensive medication, are following a low sodium diet or suffer from diseases or disorders of the cardiovascular system and / or kidneys
This product has not been audited or verified by monitoring regulatory authorities. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and / or disorders. Under UK law only a medical doctor may 'treat' illness and disease with a medical origin. The information in this web page is for information purposes only.
|Raw Food Recipes||-|
|Recommended By||Saskia Fraser|
Customer Reviews - 3 Customer Reviews
Artur | 10/18/14i use this salt daily. great taste and super healthy.
Buy it for everyone!
Theresa | 8/27/13Since hearing about the amazing properties of this salt I have been buying it for everyone. Salt on everything, yummy!
Horsa | 8/12/13Best salt in the world!