This lovely raw food recipe makes a perfect milk substitute for those who are lactose intolerant and is an ideal ingredient in raw smoothies.
Why should I make Almond Milk?
- Almond Milk is currently very popular in the supermarkets. Demand means mass production, which means artificial additives can be added to satisfy mass consumer demands.
- Making your own can save you money as the cost per litre is cheaper to make yourself compared to a standard carton in the supermarkets.
- Be safe in your knowledge that nothing has been added to your Almond Milk with 100% Homemade Almond Milk.
- Almond Milk is a great dairy alternative and suitable for raw and vegan diets and contains no lactose.
- Almond Milk is lower in fat and calories than even reduced fat cow's milk.
- And finally as well as tasting better homemade, Almond Milk IS SO SIMPLE TO MAKE! -
Ingredients (Click the links below for the ingredients available at Detox Your World or add them all to your cart now by clicking the above - "Add to Cart")
1 cup of organic almonds
4 organic dried dates (optional)
1/2 tsp. of organic vanilla bean powder (optional)
4 cups of (spring) water
First pre- soak the almonds in water for a minimum of six hours and ideally overnight.
Next drain the almonds and pop them into your blender, along with 4 cups of water, the dates and vanilla powder.
Blitz until smooth. Finally strain your almond milk using a nut milk bag and chill before serving.
Keeps in the fridge for up to four days.
|Brand||Detox Your World|
|Raw Food Recipes||Smoothies and Drinks|