Peruvian lucuma fruit is a subtropical fruit that’s extremely popular in Peru where it’s also known as “Inca’s Gold”. Lucuma powder is rich in vitamins B1 and B2, and contains a variety of other valuable nutrients, including fibre, vitamins B3 and B5, beta-carotene, iron, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus.
Lúcuma is a nutrient dense fruit from Peru. We are the UK's first certified organic importers of lúcuma. Lúcuma's posh title is "lúcuma obovata or pouteria obovata." The tree is long lived, evergreen, and belongs to the Sapotaceae family -- so it's similar to the canistel and sapote. It smells divine, and tastes like maple syrup flavoured ice-cream! In Peru, the yellowy-orange fruit pulp is added to ice-cream and is Peru's favourite flavour.
Lucuma Powder Benefits
- Lucuma powder boasts an extremely sweet maple syrup-like flavour, a wonderfully creamy texture and a lovely rich aroma.
- Lucuma powder is a delicious alternative to refined sugar in (rawfood) dishes and drinks.
- Lucuma powder is rich in vitamin B1 and B2.
- Lucuma powder also contains fibre, vitamins B3 and B5, beta-carotene, iron, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus.
- Our lucuma powder is certified organic by "Organic Farmers & Growers", the leading organic certification organisation in Great Britain.
- Our lucuma powder has been dried and processed at low temperatures in order to retain an optimum number of its naturally occurring nutrients.
- Our lucuma powder is totally pure and free from added fillers.
- Our lucuma powder is suitable for those following a vegetarian, vegan or rawfood diet.
How To Use Lucuma Powder
Lucuma powder is a delicious sweetener that can be stirred into all of your favourite smoothies, shakes and protein drinks. In addition, lucuma powder makes a perfect sugar substitute in puddings, cakes, deserts and ice cream.
Lucuma Powder Recipe - Lucuma Coconut Cream
3 tablespoons lucuma powder
1 cup of coconut meat
Quarter of a cup of coconut water
3 tablespoons raw honey
Firstly get the meat from the coconut (watch the video for a good way to do this).
Put the coconut meat into a blender.
Now one by one add the remaining ingredients of lucuma powder, raw honey and coconut water.
Blend everything together until smooth
Lucuma Powder Facts
- Peruvian tribes associate the lucuma fruit with fertility
- Lucuma (Pouteria Lucuma) is a subtropical fruit native to the Andes region of Peru. Lucuma trees can grow up to 20 metres in height and live for up to 500 years of age and still remain productive. The Incas relied on lucuma fruit as a natural source of sugar, which is why it is often referred to as "Inca’s Gold".
- It has a a rich, creamy texture
- Lucuma has been successfully cultivated in warmer parts of California
- Lucuma (called ‘lucmo’ in Spanish) is a favourite ingredient in ice cream in both Chile and Peru
- This exotic Peruvian fruit is also known as the "Gold of the Incas", and is also one of the lost crops of the Incas. Peruvian culture is steeped in traditions rich in fine foods and cultural culinary delights. The Lúcuma name has been honored both spiritually and culinary since ancient times. Today, this fruit is still prominent in contemporary celebrations.
Same great Detox Your World Lucuma Powder now in a brand new Superfoodies bag!
Superfoodies is the exciting new brand from Detox Your World - UK leading importer and EU-wide distributor of the finest raw foods since 2000. Combining expertise in healthy eating and healthy living, with extensive product development, searching for only the purest organic products from nature, Detox Your World has produced Superfoodies!
Superfoodies Lucuma Powder is the same great Detox Your World Lucuma Powder, and has always, and always will be –
- Certified organic and raw
- Only come from a sustainable and ethical suppliers
- Always honestly and clearly display the origins
- Transparent about the composition and preparation
- Completely free from artificial additives, refined sugars and other nasties
Lucuma Powder Summary
Drinks, desserts, ice cream
1 teaspoon in drinks
1-5 tablespoons in puddings, cakes, desserts and ice cream (according to recipe)
Known side effects
There are no known side effects associated with lucuma powder. Always consult your GP before you order lucuma powder, especially if you suffer from diabetes or high blood sugar levels. Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding are advised not to exceed the recommended dosage.
This product has not been audited or verified by monitoring regulatory authorities. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and / or disorders. Under UK law only a medical doctor may 'treat' illness and disease with a medical origin. The information in this web page is for information purposes only.
|Recommended By||Heather Pace|
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Customer Reviews - 1 Customer Reviews
lovely, kind of vanilla taste
creuynni | 8/26/13lucema powder is great for adding an kind of vanilla taste to recipes.
for example, for healthy, delicious carob-choc mousse, blending a banana, an avocado, raw carob powder and lucema powder is gorgeous.
it can also be added to raw chocolate recipes for its flavour, and to other recipes like raw brownies, raw vegan cheesecake etc.