Mango – 5 Unknown Facts and 5 Delicious Uses
Mango is a tropical fruit that is native to Asia and additionally cultivated in sub-tropical regions of Africa and South America.
Organic dried mango is a yummy rawfood snack made from pure, unheated chewy pieces of mango that contains zero flavourings, colourings, preservatives or indeed, any other additives, and only natural fruit sugars. Deliciously sweet and incredibly fruity, our organic dried mango contains a wholesome a selection of beneficial nutrients such as dietary fibre, vitamin C, vitamin A, phytochemicals and polyphenols and makes a responsible snack between meals. And, as it’s organically grown and hand-picked by farmers co-operatives in Burkina Faso, West Africa, you can enjoy this fantastic alternative to crisps and confectionary safe in the knowledge that it’s as good for the environment and communities that produce it, as it is for you!
But…before you do - here are five unknown facts about mangoes and five delicious ways to enjoy organic dried mango from Detox Your World.
5 unknown facts about mangoes
1) Mango is the national fruit of India, Pakistan and the Philippines and this nutritious fruit, which has been enjoyed for over 6,000 years, often features in ancient Sanskrit writings such as Valmiki’s Ramayana.
2) Mango was known as the ‘fruit of kings’ in ancient India, where members of the royal family prided themselves on their sweeping mango gardens.
3) The mango is a powerful Hindu symbol of perfection and both the fruit and leaves of the mango are routinely used as floral decorations at weddings, public celebrations and religious ceremonies by a variety of different cultures.
4) In Australia the first mangoes of the season are traditionally sold at auction in order to raise money for charity.
5) Mangoes are a popular ingredient in many natural skin treatments such as nourishing facemasks, exfoliating skin scrubs and gentle cleansers.
5 delicious ways to enjoy organic dried mango
Our certified organic dried mango lends an exotic twist to all of your favourite rawfood recipes. Here are some exciting ideas that showcase the versatility of this powerful superfood and are guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling!
1) Tropical trail mix
Try adding organic dried mango to your regular trail mix for a temptingly tropical superfood snack on the go!
2) Cheerful breakfast cereals
Cheer up boring breakfast cereals with a vibrant topping of organic dried mango pieces and give yourself a sunny start to the day.
3) Moreish mango smoothies
Mango lassi is a popular drink throughout Asia – why not add a splash of colour to your favourite smoothie or shake by adding a little pre-soaked organic dried mango to the remaining ingredients?
4) Ravishing raw chocolate and desserts
5) Pure and unadulterated
Enjoyed straight fro the bag, our organic dried mango is a sensible alternative to fattening crisps and sweets and is especially suitable for children.