Superfoods - The 9 Main Superfood Categories
Organic superfoods have become increasingly popular during the last decade, particularly as more and more of us are taking an active interest in our physical and mental wellbeing. With a notable decline in the overall quality of our fresh produce (our fruit and vegetables now contain up to 60% less nutrients than they did 50 years ago), the desire to return to a more natural and balanced diet is understandable. And with a market saturated in processed foods containing unhealthy amounts of (trans) fats, refined sugars and artificial additives (which are taking an inevitable toll on our nation’s health), this switch to super foods is a trend that looks set to continue.
What are superfoods? Superfoods in a nutshell
Superfoods are primeval foods that hail from some of the finest and most pristine corners of our planet. They have been treasured by indigenous populations for thousands of years, as both a valuable source of food and as a natural medicine.
Superfoods are by definition low in calories and contain nutrients such as fibre, protein, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, enzymes, amino acids and omega-3 fatty acids.
What are superfoods? The 9 main superfood categories
Superfoods are broken down into 9 key categories:
- Cacao products (including raw cacao beans, powder and butter)
- Algae (including spirulina and phytoplankton)
- Dried roots, grasses and vegetables (including wheatgrass, maca and Brazilian ginseng powder)
- Dried berries and fruit (including goji berries, mulberries & Incan berries and lucuma, acai and baobab powder)
- Vegetable fats (including coconut oil)
- Nuts and seeds (including chia and hemp seeds)
- Bee products (including bee pollen, royal jelly and raw honey)
- Mushrooms extracts & super herbs (Including chaga, reishi, maitake, lion's mane, coriolus, agaricus and cordyceps)
- Other super foods (including collodial silver, fulvic acid, vitamin D3, B-vitamins and raw organic protein powders)
We hope this has given you a nutshell insight into what superfoods are. We are here to help you whenever you need. So if you require further information never hesitate to contact us.
We want to be with you on your superfood journey, we are here for you on your journey. Start your journey today at www.detoxyourworld.com