The Superfood Diet – 5 Tips To Get You Started
Perhaps you’ve heard about the health benefits and delicious recipes that can be enjoyed on the superfood diet? And maybe that’s why you too, are considering giving the diet a go?
Well, we’re going to let you into a little secret – the superfood diet is not so much a diet, but rather a simple approach to healthy eating that can be easily established and maintained. The superfood diet (if we must call it that) seeks to replace unhealthy foods and snacks and enhance your existing diet with a range of foods that provide your body with all of the nutrients it requires to stay strong, fit and healthy.
Below are our top 5 tips for getting started on the superfood diet;
1) Don’t make dramatic changes to your current diet
For the greatest chance of success, we recommend that you start your superfood diet gradually, by adding just one or two organic superfoods, carefully chosen to substitute a more unhealthy option in your existing diet. The key advice here is, substitute. You do not necessarily have to make wholesale changes.
- Use stevia or lucuma in place of artificial or refined sugars
- Treat yourself to homemade raw chocolate bars (made from raw cacao) instead of your usual confectionary
- Snack on dried superfruits or organic nuts and seeds rather than sugary sweets and greasy crisps
- Breakfast with a smoothie or homemade trail mix instead of standard breakfast cereals packed with hidden additives
- Use fragrant coconut oil in place of standard cooking oils
- Add hemp or almond milk (as opposed to cow’s milk) to your tea and coffee
Remember diets are not quick fixes, they are commitments. To start with, we advise you continue your routine of eating (your diet should be healthy and nutritionally balanced though) and incorporate superfoods into this routine, such as with the examples above. When you become more familiar with superfoods, you will find how versatile they are for breakfast, lunch and dinner and think how you ever lived without them!
2) Invest in one or two quality superfood diet kitchen accessories
Although the superfood diet doesn’t require a long list of expensive gadgets, it’s worth investing in one or more quality kitchen accessories that make preparing superfoods quick and easy. We’re sure that at least one of the following will prove utterly indispensible in your new superfood diet:
3) Embarking upon a superfood diet needn’t be expensive
These days you can choose from a large range of cost effective organic superfoods that won’t break the bank, including:
- Chia Seeds
- Cacao powder
- Hemp seeds
Also remember that your regular tried and tested five a day of vegetables and fruits, can also be a cheap effective way to get your nutrients along with your superfoods.
4) Enjoy a nutritious and varied superfood diet.
Stock up on the ‘must-have’ superfood diet ingredients to mix it up with your regular everyday cupboard ingredients. There is so much to choose from! -
- Cacao (chocolate) products – especially raw cacao powder
- Sea vegetables and algae - including spirulina and marine phytoplankton
- Dried roots, grasses and vegetables – particularly wheatgrass, maca and Brazilian ginseng powder
- Dried berries and fruit – e.g. mulberries, goji and Incan berries, and lucuma, acai and baobab powder
- Vegetable fats – such as coconut oil
- Nuts and seeds - including raw almonds, chia and hemp seeds
5) Spice up your superfood diet with a variety of superfood recipes for beginners
Keep your superfood diet interesting, by making use of the wide selection of tantalising superfood recipes available for beginners. Find many easy and delicious healthy recipes here - http://www.detoxyourworld.com/superfoods-recipes
Remember we are here to help you along the way, so if you require further information never hesitate to contact us.